Re: TrueCrypt license is now at v3.0

retitle 364034 ITP: truecrypt -- cross-platform disk encryption
owner 364034 Balint Reczey <balint@balintreczey.hu>
thanks

Hi,

I would like help the package maintenance of truecrypt started by Russel [1]
and upload the package to non-free it if the revised (3.0) license allows that.

I think having the package in non-free would be better than having and installer
but I'm not 100% sure if the new license allows even that.

To my understanding the previous (2.x) license has already been discussed [2]
on debian-legal and found to be not clear enough and definitely not DFSG-free.

I'm hereby seeking debian-legal's advice to decide whether the new
license allows
truecrypt to be uploaded to non-free.

Thanks,
Balint