Re: Open-source library proxying to a closed-source library (ITP #679504)

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Walter Landry <wlandry@caltech.edu> wrote:
> I noticed that parts of the code are licensed under GPL 3+, and other
> parts are EPL 1+.  These are incompatible licenses, meaning that
> Debian could not distribute binaries.  One solution would be to put
> everything under Expat or MIT.  Alternately, you could dual license
> everything under GPL 3+ and EPL 1+.

Dual licensing was intended here. I have to update the website. But I
think it is clearly explained in the headers and in the file COPYING.

The lazyglpk library is dlopening the glpk library, and the same goes
for the program lazyglpk-config. My interpretation of the GPL3 says I
have to license the binaries that dlopen glpk under the GPL3.

As this is independant of the rest of the libraries, I figured I could
publish the glpk part under the GPL, and the rest of the libraries
under some license compatible with the EPL. I would then link Osi only
with the EPL-compatible binaries.