Re: foremost package - Licence of debian/* files

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012, at 12:24 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I would rather suggest a license more in line with public domain
> works, such as Creative Commons zero license, the SQLite public
> domain dedication, or the GNU all-permissive license.

For software works, I don't think this group should be recommending
public domain.  The SQLite dedication lacks a fallback license,
the CC0 license explicitly withholds a patent license, and the
unlicense has not had legal review.  The GNU all-permissive license
doesn't include the word "use", which is an implicit patent grant.

When a recommendation from this group is possible for a permissive
work, I'd propose Apache 2.0 and Expat/MIT style license if at all
possible since it protects both the one dedicating the work and
also those who would incorporate the work in larger compositions.

I'm not a Lawyer, This is not Legal Advice.

Best,

Clark