public domain no modification

Hi all,

  I am working on the package for "Java Components for Mathematics"
(#667923). Some files are distributed with a clear public domain type
license:

 This source code file, and compiled classes derived from it, can
 be used and distributed without restriction, including for commercial
 use.  (Attribution is not required but is appreciated.)

 However some other files are distributed with a much nastier license:

 1) This source code file, in unmodified form, and compiled classes
    derived from it can be used and distributed without restriction,
    including for commercial use.  (Attribution is not required
    but is appreciated.)
 .
 2) Modified versions of this file can be made and distributed
    provided:  the modified versions are put into a Java package
    different from the original package, edu.hws;  modified
    versions are distributed under the same terms as the original;
    and the modifications are documented in comments.  (Modification
    here does not include simply making subclasses that belong to
    a package other than edu.hws, which can be done without any
    restriction.)

Clearly §2 is meant to distinguish derived work from original work.
However in our case, this means this package will have to have its
name change whenever we need to patch the source code (eg. fix a
compilation error).

Does it make sense to upload the 1.0 version under the name 'jcm', or
should I prefer 'debian-jcm' package just to allow future work on it ?

Thanks for your clarification,

-M