Re: ELPA license, LGPL + additional restrictions

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 02, 2012 at 04:13:09PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> - In point 2., clause b) - stating that that you may redistribute
>   under the terms of the plain GNU GPL - shall NOT apply. In other
>   words, if you redistribute, you MUST keep the additional permissions
>   of the LGPL v3 in place.

[...]

> When in doubt, talk to us. What we would like to ensure is that the ELPA
> code can be used as needed, while providing a strong incentive for
> others to contribute their modifications back to the original
> development.

After thinking about this some more, I guess their fear might be that
people modify and redistribute their ELPA library as part of a bigger
GPL project.  As the LGPL->GPL relicensing seems to be a one-way street,
they might understandably think that they will not be able to
incorporate those GPL'd modifications into their version.

Is this a valid concern and if so, is there some way around it?

Michael