Re: Creative Commons 4.0 BY-NC-SA draft available

<quote name="Greg Grossmeier" date="2012-04-10" time="11:40:58 -0700">
> <quote name="Paul Wise" date="2012-04-10" time="11:27:52 +0800">
> > AFAICT Creative Commons folks never think about this aspect of Free
> > Culture.
>
> Donning my CC hat now (I work for CC):
> CC definitely thinks about the issue whenever it is relevant. However,
> changing the main 6 (well, 4 if you throw out the 2 ND licenses, which
> would make sense in this case) to include a source requirement would be
> a major change of course/history and take many off guard. Care must be
> taken when approaching any big change like that.

With my CC hat back on:
I should also add that there is a great discussion happening on the
cc-licenses list right now about derivatives and source:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2012-April/thread.html#6741

Also over at cc-community
(http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-community/2012-April/thread.html)
there is more derivative-focused discussion, specifically about 3D
printing, which is an interesting use case.

Greg