Re: Using freetranslation.mobi to translate .po files

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
If I ask a random person on the street to translate a GPLed text
fragment, and the person give me a translated text fragment back, will
the resulting text fragment still be GPLed?  Assuming the text
fragment was copyrightable in the first place, I believe it will be,
as otherwise the translator would be said to violate the GPL and I
fail to see what action involved could possibly violate the GPL.

The translator would be violating the GPL, but since this is fair use,
violating the GPL this way would be legal.