Re: Copyright on a proposed Debian package

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> I attach a copy of the copyright file used in algol68toc. Please would you
> say whether
> the copyright is acceptable to Debian and, if not, what changes should be
> made to
> make the copyright acceptable.

Clause c is a bit ambiguous and might require us to explicitly check
that every user agrees with the license, which is very much not
practical for Debian and if it is the case, violates DFSG item 7.

Please ask upstream to switch to a standard, well understood free
software license like the BSD/MIT/Expat licenses.

Is there any reason why you want algol68toc instead of algol68g, which
is already in Debian?

--
bye,
pabs