Re: is it allowed to deny access to obsolete GPL2 source packages?

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> Sorry to say, but that doesn't help. Dropping the sources immediately
> is surely not the idea behind GPL2.

The license allows it.

The GPL FAQ doesn't cover this, please mail the FSF about adding it there.

> If I run into a problem, then I might like to look at the sources
> and the patches applied by the pm, regardless whether the binaries
> have been removed from the ftp server.

In practical terms you can use snapshot to download old source and
binary packages (except where they were not re-distributable):

http://snapshot.debian.org/

--
bye,
pabs