Re: use of openlogo in derivative logo for a Debian sub-project

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:23:34AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> would use of (slightly modified) openlogo (without word "Debian"
> ATM) in logo behind Python-In-Debian projects, be ok with the Debian
> trademark policy?

The Debian trademark policy is, right now, being worked on, as I've
mentioned in my recent d-d-a mails. In spite of that, no matter which
version of the trademark policy will be in effect when you go live, the
following holds:

- The Debian logo is not trademarked (the "DEBIAN" name is).

- We, as in Debian, have the power to authorize usage of Debian-related
  trademarks in ways that would be otherwise forbidden by the trademark
  policy.  I would surely authorize non-standards usages of
  Debian-related trademarks for reason such as creating a logo for any
  Debian sub-project or team

Cheers.