Re: Educational Community License 1.0

Thanks for this information. I ran into Mako Hill yesterday and we now have a new plan of action:

-  GPL v3 Scratch (Assuming I can get the rest of my team on board).

- Separate trademark license to allow Debian and other distros to distribute the package with our trademarks (the cat, the name Scratch, the Logo) under certain conditions.

I'm told others have used a separate trademark license, so I'm looking for guidelines / examples to model ours on. Any recommendations? Are there standard trademark / distribution licenses we could use?

We just don't want people distributing modified versions of Scratch as Scratch, or otherwise using the logo / Scratch Cat, which might create confusion.

Thanks so much for your help -

-Amos