Re: How to use (free!) sources of other projects without copyright/license information in file?

Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> writes:

> Both of the packages claim to be GPL'ed as per COPYING, and I wonder whether
> this is acceptable for Debian. Probably it is, as ax25-apps is in
> main.

While the GPL strongly recommends putting copyright notices in each
source file, it does not require to do so. In the case of ax25-apps, the
upstream tarball claims that the work is being licensed under
GPL-2. Unless one has evidence that this claim might not be true, I see
no reason to think otherwise.

Hendrik