Re: Thoughts on GPL's Appropriate Legal Notices? or the CPAL?

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011, at 02:28 PM, Don Armstrong wrote:
> The critical aspect here is whether author attributions are
> required to be preserved in the material, or also in the ALNs.
> Retaining them in the material is clearly reasonable, but I
> don't believe that forcing them to be present in the ALN
> is consistent with the terms of the GPL.

It seems that 7(b) pretty clearly requires that they be preserved:

7(b) Requiring preservation of specified reasonable legal
     notices or author attributions in that material or
     in the Appropriate Legal Notices displayed by works
     containing it;