Re: a Free Platform License?

"Clark C. Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com> writes:

> > If you could prepare the work you're interested in packaging, and
> > the actual set of license terms, the discussion could get more
> > concrete.
>
> I'm asking something fairly concrete here already:
>
> | Would Debian consider a "Free Platform License" (FPL) derived from
> | the AGPLv3, but with the "System Library" exception removed (as well
> | as the GNU specific prologue)?
>
> Reducing this to an actual license text is quite a bit of effort --
> especially if it weren't considered.

Nevertheless, that burden is on whoever wants to present a work for
consideration.

You're not going to get a general ruling on general terms in the absence
of an actual work with actual terms – partly because we don't do rulings
here, and partly because the legal codes make it too difficult to talk
in generalities.

To improve signal-to-noise ratio, we far prefer discussion in this forum
to be on *actual* works with *actual* license terms.

--
 \         “If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all |
  `\    others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking |