Re: License check for a new(ly modified) license..

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 01:16:34PM -0400, Felyza Wishbringer wrote:
> I am planning on submissions to a project that is looking to finish up
> their Debian legality. I found a license that pretty much works, but I
> don't like that it has no warranty disclaimer. So, I modified it per
> the license allowance, but I want an official 'yes its okay'.

Hi,

Actually, if you read Sam Hocevar's FAQ webpage about the WTFPL[1], this
issue is adressed by adding a separate disclaimer. It seems pretty hard
to miss. I must add that most of the time I see this licence used for
program software, this disclaimer is added. I haven't checked Sam's work
but it seems probable that it is also there.

Therefore, I would suggest you to simply use the WTFPLv2 + disclaimer
instead of contributing to licence proliferation.

Cheers,

Simon