Re: recommendation for packaging license

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:10:38 +0200
Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:

> Could you enhance the documentation of the copyright format or the policy
> with a recommendation for the copyright in the debian/* files section?

  File a wishlist against debian-policy.

> I couldn't care less about the copyright and tend to use the "Do What The
> Fuck You Want To Public License". However I really want to make life as
> easy as possible for all humans. It'd also be nice if it could be a
> license where I don't need to copy the license text in the copyright file
> to keep it as short as possible.

  Use the same as upstream and you don't have to copy anything. Read DEP-5
  again on how to use a separate License stanza.

> So an ideal answer would be just a template section I could copy and paste
> in my debian/copyright!

  Templates get outdated with time and propagate errors when that happen,
  not a good idea.

  regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones