Re: Lawyer request stop from downloading Debian

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 11:11:58AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> I agree.  I'm cc'ing the DPL to see if the project can ask SPI-inc.org
> lawyers for assistance.  Do we have access to German legal expertise?

I don't think it would be terribly useful to ask SPI for assistance, as
they are mostly involved with US-based stuff, but I'll check with them
nonetheless. In the meantime, the good contact point for German legal
expertise to start with would be FFIS. I'm not sure if they have in
house legal expertise, but they are SPI associate and take care of most
legal/administrative Debian affairs in Europe.

As I don't grok German myself, I would appreciate if someone who does
can check with them directly (Cc:-ing me). Doing otherwise will only add
extra hops.

Nonetheless, and as I've already pointed out to others, I think the
first step to do is to get hold of the original cease and desist
mail. Has anyone managed to have it yet?

Cheers.

PS I'm not subscribed to -legal, please Cc:-me if you want to get my
   attention.