Re: How to determine all licenses involved?

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Stefan Baur
<newsgroups.mail2@stefanbaur.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a system where the output of vrms claims that there are no non-free
> packages installed.
> Does that mean all software on this system falls under one or more of the
> licenses that are stored under /usr/share/common-licenses?
> If not, how can I find out which licenses are involved, other than manually
> checking every text file in every package for a licensing note?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Every package should have a file at
/usr/share/doc/<packagename>/copyright, which will either contain the
license or a reference to one of those common licenses.

All packages in main should have licenses that conform to the
guidelines at http://debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

-PJ