License/Copyright of nagios-images

Hi there,

we have a package in our archive with images for use with nagios, called
nagios-images[1].
While reviewing the package we noticed that the copyright file[2] just
contains copy&paste GPL2 text, but there is no indication that this is true
for the images in the package.
We tried to contact the people listed in the copyright file without success.
We also contacted other distros[3], even without any significant informations
about the issue. I even tried to contact Nagios Inc.[4] (who offered the
images for download) but the mail got moderated and I never got a reply. In
the last days, I noticed Tony Yarusso from Nagios Inc. and the did ask Ethan
about the issue. The answer was:

'Heard back from Ethan.  The answer is "I have no idea".  He's just decided
it's not worth worrying about (to him), but we can't verify the source of all
of those images.'

So ... what should we do next?

Thanks and with kind regards, Jan.
P.S. Please CC as we are not on debian-legal, thanks.
[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/n/nagios-images.html
[2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-nagios/nagios-images/trunk/debian/copyright
[3] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nagios-devel/2010-
May/004936.html