Re: Does this license meet DSFG?

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> writes:

> ...and call it by a name other than "GPL"!
>
> I am under the impression that this is what Ben meant, but I'll wait
> for him to clarify.

Right. My point is that it's not helpful to say “modified versions of
the GPL” are allowed, since at that point the term “GPL” doesn't apply
usefully. Any text can be considered a “modified version of the GPL”,
given sufficient modification.

Better to simplify that to just “any license terms, given the following
conditions:” and be clear on exactly what kinds of license terms are
acceptable.

--
 \     “Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end.” —Igor |
  `\                                                       Stravinskey |