Re: Re: opencascade license in squeeze

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 10:53 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:09:45PM -0500, Adam C Powell IV a écrit :
> >       * The statement that the copyright license is not a trademark
> >         license is not in conflict with the GPL, and explicitly stated
> >         as an option in GPL-3.  I don't think anyone believes GPL-3 is
> >         incompatible with GPL-2...
>
> Dear Adam,
>
> I have not followed the issue so I can not help you to solve it, however
> I just would like to correct one thing that you wrote above: the GPLs
> version 2 and 3 are incompatible. You can find more detailed explanations
> on the FSF website:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v2v3Compatibility

D'oh!  Forgot about that.  I was thinking some of the patent clauses
might break compatibility, I guess there are multiple v3 restrictions
which do so...

But the criterion remains: an incompatible license is one which imposes
additional restrictions beyond the GPL.  That's regardless of whether a
license claims to be compatible or not.

> Have a nice week-end,

Thanks, you too!

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/