Re: BOINC: lib/cal.h license issue agree with the DFSG?

MJ Ray wrote:
> I'm not convinced that there is consensus on choice-of-venue being
> acceptable.  I suspect there's a mix of considering it acceptable,
> thinking we can fight it when needed and ignorance.

This choice-of-venue discussion looks like it won't get consensus soon, and
it is getting us away from the original thread topic.

How about we try this? Let's assume for a moment that choice-of-venue is
both acceptable and allowed by the DFSG. Then look at the *rest* of the
cal.h license terms instead of continuing the argument about this one.

After all, if one clause is DFSG-incompatible, the file is DFSG-
incompatible. That's enough to take action (remove the file, contact
upstream to remove the file, contact AMD to change header license, move
package to non-free, etc); it's irrelevant whether the other clauses are
compatible or not.

--
Nicolas