Re: BOINC: lib/cal.h license issue agree with the DFSG?

In message <[🔎] 20100104123153.65A79F7129@nail.towers.org.uk>, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes
I'm not convinced that there is consensus on choice-of-venue being
acceptable.  I suspect there's a mix of considering it acceptable,
thinking we can fight it when needed and ignorance.

Actually, I believe choice-of-venue is unenforceable in our jurisdiction :-)

Under UK law, in a person-vs-corporation situation, the person has choice of venue. END OF.

Quite how that would pan out if it was a US corp, I don't know. Certainly I think, if I demanded change of venue, it would instantly make any US judgement unenforceable on me (or MJ if he demanded change of venue).

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk