MySQL and L-GPL3+

Hello

I saw that MySQL libraries are release with a GPL2 (strict) licence with exception
for FLOSS licences like GPL2+ and 2.1 [1]

now the question:

I am working on a package with a L-GPL3+ library.
In the package there is also a program linking with this LPGL3+ library AND the mysql library and distributed
under the GPL3+ version

it seems that this is not allow.

Nevertheless I could ask the upstream to relicences part of there software.

I propose them to relicence the program in GPL2+ to solve the issue.

is it enought ?

thanks

Frederic

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/mysql-5.1/mysql-5.1_5.1.49-1/libmysqlclient16.copyright