Re: Providing an openssl-linked pycurl

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:

> I think the suggestion is that software using python-pycurl would not
> change if they were using openssl or gnutls.  I don't understand how
> the GPL'd software is derived from openssl if it works interchangably
> with gnutls on the other side of pycurl.  Can you explain?

Even if it was legal, I would strongly object against replacing
python-pycurl with the OpenSSL version. In that case one would have to
comply to different license requirements depending on the functions one
uses within pycurl. Even if properly documented, this is asking for
undistributable code to be written, which might take ages to resolve.

Hendrik