Re: Providing an openssl-linked pycurl

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:00:30PM +0530, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:

Hi,

> Without having any idea about the specific issues between Python and
> OpenSSL and their licences, would this have any bearing on your
> question?  The issues appear to be related:
>
>   http://search.cpan.org/~pmqs/BerkeleyDB-0.31/BerkeleyDB.pod#COPYRIGHT
>
> Have a look at the boxed text.
>
> Standard disclaimers apply.

Thanks. I think this doesn't quite solve the issue, as IIRC the problem is not
that you can't link GPL and Openssl (if you do it yourself, you can) but that
you can't redistribute the result, if you're the same entity that distributes
openssl itself. But again, the issue at hand was more related to the library,
and I think there are no doubts on its status (since it's LGPL or MIT/X anyway,
and not GPL). As long as the gnutls version also stays nobody should be unhappy.

Thanks,

Guido