Re: Distribution (without usage) of "shall be used for Good, not Evil"-licensed software

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:30 PM, David Paleino <dapal@debian.org> wrote:

> the "openlayers" package, which I'm reviewing for sponsorship (mentoree CCed),
> has a couple of files with the following license:
> While I agree this license fails to meet DFSG #6 ("No Discrimination Against
> Fields of Endeavor"), I fail to see a reason why I/my mentoree should repackage
> the original tarball to remove them.

You might want to read the thread started by this mail:

http://lists.debian.org/20100124144741.GD13468@kunpuu.plessy.org

Basically, everything in main needs to be DFSG-free. If you want to
change that, I'd suggest you re-attempt Charles Plessy's proposed GR.

BTW, I presume you are talking about jsmin, in that case just remove
them and use yui-compressor.

--
bye,
pabs