Re: debhelper and GPL

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:56:31 +0100, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:

> Hello,
> While conducting routine reading, I saw that debhelper is released under
> the GPL license. Since debhelper includes bits of itself in the package
> it manages, does this mean that I cannot use debhelper for packaging
> something that would be GPL-incompatible? I know that for fonts, one has
> to make exceptions stating that PDF documents embedding GPL fonts are
> not covered by the GPL, why should it be different for debhelper?
Files: examples/*, autoscripts/*
Copyright: 1997-2008 Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
Licence: other
 These files are in the public domain.
 Pedants who belive I cannot legally say that code I have written is in
 the public domain may consider them instead to be licensed as follows:
 modification, are permitted under any circumstances. No warranty.

What other bits of debhelper are you talking about?