Re: Rv: SDL version of gearhead, gearhead2

2010/2/22 Scott Howard <showard314@gmail.com>:
> Thanks Miry,
>
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> wrote:
>> MPL is not compatible with GPL, so we have to be very careful that the
>> game doesn't link against nothing GPL'ed, and is not GPL'ed itself, if
>> it uses JEDI.
>
> I'm new to figuring out more complex compatibilities (that aren't
> simple GPL), and it is important so I want to make sure I get this
> right:
> Gearhead, gearhead2, and SDL are all LGPL. Jedi-SDL are pascal header
> files for the SDL libraries, and is MPL licensed.
>
> If the library and header files are licensed differently, how does
> that work with compatibility? Or is it simply that the LGPL allows
> linking with non-free libraries, so it is all compatible? (I've been
> reading through fsf.org trying to figure out compatibilities, is there
> another place people use as well?)

Hmmm....

MPL and LGPL are compatible, as far as I know, as long as the code is
linked dynamically, which should be in the case of SDL, so I don't
expect any problem here. In any case, I'm CC'ing debian-legal to have
some input from other people, just in case I'm wrong.

Greetings,
Miry

PS: Context in debian-devel-games:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2010/02/msg00026.html