Re: CMU LTI Licence

Hi,

I think it's mostly a (4-clause) BSD license, only the name of the institute has changed. The 5th clause is new, but redundant with the rest.

Le 22 janv. 10 à 11:49, Ben Finney a écrit :

## 5. Any commercial, public or published work that uses this data ## ## must contain a clearly visible acknowledgment as to the ## ## provenance of the data. ##

I don't really know what this means. It clearly places a restriction on
a field of endeavour (“commercial, public or published work”), but I
don't know whether it violates DFSG §6. Other opinions required.

I don't think it is a restriction. It's simply stating a second time that the authors of the original work must be acknowledged and it specifies that this acknowledgement must be "clearly visible". That simply means that in our copyright file as well as any "About" dialog, you need to state that some data comes from the Carnegie Mellon University.

Regards, Thibaut.