Re: New Adobe CMaps license free enough for Debian?

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
> > I will now go through my (or "my" where team-maintained) 90+
> > packages and make sure disclaimers are included.
>
> I don't think the disclaimer is part of the copyright license terms,
> so doesn't need to be in ‘copyright’. You certainly need to preserve
> it in the original upstream source files, of course! But I don't see
> the need to duplicate it.

Belay that. On further consideration, the disclaimer is not a
*condition* of the license (it's not something that restricts the
recipient's exercise of their rights in the work), but it is a *term* of
the license (something that's part of the deal received by the
recipient). Therefore it needs to be documented in ‘copyright’.

IANAL and I may be using these terms incorrectly; but the reasoning
seems sound to me. Hopefully any errors can be pointed out gleefully by
others :-)

--
 \         “What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy |
  `\   river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.” —Jack |