Re: "BSD-LBNL license"

David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca>
> The text of BSD-LBNL-License.doc (blech, I know) is as follows
[...]
> The weird parts (as far as I can tell) are
[...]
>     - the comment about "commercial use". This does not seem to be
>     reflected in the terms of the license.
[...]
> Any comments?
>
> I'm not subscribed to debian-legal, so please CC me.

The above is the only one that makes me doubt its acceptability under
the DFSG.  I'm also mildly concerned that this seems to be a licence
for a specific licensee which is incomplete and not a general public
licence in the usual way, although it seems like it is offered to
everyone without need to notify, so it might be OK.

I'd try asking the TTD@lbl.gov address to confirm BSD-LBNL-License.doc
can be used for commercial use as long as those terms are acceptable.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef