Re: GCC 4.4 run-time license and non-GPLv3 compilers

Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> writes:

> Apparently there's no feedback yet from the FSF. This issue should not
> prevent upgrading GCC to 4.4 for squeeze.

Please consider also the effect of GCC 4.4 on GPLv2-only applications,
where the application's licence requires source code under GPLv2,
including the source code of libgcc if GCC accompanies the executable,
but the source code of libgcc in GCC 4.4 is not available under GPLv2.

2007-10-24 incompatibility noted on gcc mailing list:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-10/msg00390.html
mid:20071025003948.GT6597@synopsys.com

2009-02-05 I posted to gnu.misc.discuss, no followups:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-misc-discuss/2009-02/msg00100.html
mid:87zlh1uqic.fsf@Astalo.kon.iki.fi

2009-04-23 I asked the FSF, got [gnu.org #433709], no human response:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.links/3405
mid:87vdow6ia4.fsf@Astalo.kon.iki.fi