Re: Empty source file with proprietary header

2009/5/20 Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>:
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 13:31:06 +0200 Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>> While packaging a software for Debian, I found an empty file under a
>> proprietary license in upstream's tarball. The file contains only the
>> header which says who is the copyright holder and the license under which
>> it was released. There is no source code in it, at all.

To me this looks like they tool proprietary code and then piece by
piece torn it apart into different files.

Is it possible to you to check their version control system to make
sure the proprietary code did not "migrate" into other files that now
are prodly labeled GPL.....

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),