Re: is the Clearthought Software License free?

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> writes:

> I again recommend to persuade the author to relicense under a
> well-known GPL-compatible license, such as the zlib license.
> I would avoid suggesting patch-only licenses.

I agree, and would add: this essentially means convincing upstream to
abandon their desire for restricting what recipients can do with names
in the source.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\   Brain, but culottes have a tendency to ride up so.” —_Pinky and |