Re: php5-xapian: PHP licence vs GPL

On 2009-04-17, Ken Arromdee <arromdee@rahul.net> wrote:
> (And I was also under the impression that Debian follows the wishes of the
> copyright holder, so it doesn't matter if this argument has any legal merit,
> just that the FSF makes it.)

Note that there's no FSF copyright code in the xapian-bindings upstream
tarball, except for files generated by autoconf, automake, and libtool
which are all either not GPL or GPL+exception.

So the FSF isn't a relevant copyright holder that I can see, whatever
Debian's policy in such matters might be.

Cheers,
    Olly