Re: Which license am I looking for?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:25:51PM +0000, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
> At the end of the day, what I do, I do it IN ENGLAND,

No, you don't.  When you post to this mailing list, you are deliberately
engaged in an act that crosses national boundaries (both your interlocutors
in this discussion, and the lists.debian.org mailserver, are located outside
of England), and any choice of law questions will be adjudicated according
to the relevant international treaties.

You can't lob bombs across the English Channel and expect the recipients not
to press charges in French court, and you can't give Americans legal advice
over the Internet and expect not to be held to American standards for the
same.