on license of mathematica-fonts

Hi all, (please keep Cc'ing me, thanks)

I'm a maintainer of mathematica-fonts which is a renamed
version-up of ttf-mathematica4.1

I've gotten a following bug report for ttf-mathematica4.1
but I don't know if it is really a problem or not.

Please enlighten me here.  The original bug report is as follows.

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 19:52:32 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> Package: ttf-mathematica4.1
> Version: 2
> Severity: minor
>
> While translating your Debconf template into German I noticed the
> following phrase:
>
> READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. IT IS AN AGREEMENT
> BETWEEN WOLFRAM RESEARCH, INC. (»WRI«), AND YOU. ACCEPTANCE OF ITS
> TERMS CREATES A BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND WRI.
>
> IANAL, so please double check, but I am rather sure that at least in
> the German legal context this does *not* create a contract. The
> package offers the license (!) to use the font for certain purposes
> and the user has either to accept the license or deny it (in the
> latter case standard copyright applies, i.e. he probably cannot use
> the font at all).

It seems to me that he claimed "accepting license terms"
doesn't imply "creating a contract".

In the first place, I'm not sure if the above is right.

In the next, the above capitalized phrase is what Wolfram
Research Inc. claims so it is impossible for me to change it.
(cf. http://support.wolfram.com/technotes/latestfonts.en.html)

In the whole, I'd like to know if there is a real problem
or not to package mathematica-fonts.

Note: a mathematica-fonts package is an installer of Mathematica
fonts and it displays the license and ask if a user accept it
or not.  And then if a user accept the license it downloads
the fonts and install them in a system but if a user doesn't
accept the license it does nothing at all.
If you need more information on the package, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,			2009-6-26(Fri)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>