Re: Is the MSR-EULA license free?

2009/6/16 Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk>:
> On 2009-06-16, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is also the part "That you will not use the Software in a live
>> operating environment where it may be relied upon to perform in the
>> same manner as a commercially released product, or with data that has
>> not been sufficiently backed up."
>
> I read this as a "don't blame us if it eats your puppy" clause, which I
> think is fully acceptable.

You might be missing the context of my quote:

[...]

Upon your agreement to the terms below, you may do anything you want
with the Software source code for research, teaching purposes, or
internal use, free of charge, provided that you agree to the
following:

(a) To leave in place all copyright notices and licensing information
that you might find in the Software.

(b) That you will not use the Software in a live operating environment
where it may be relied upon to perform in the same manner as a
commercially released product, or with data that has not been
sufficiently backed up.

[...]

Greetings,
Miry