Re: legal questions regarding machine learning models

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:42:46PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:

> > > If you really feel the urge to add meaningless acronyms to all your
> > > emails, please do so in your signature.

> > Better yet:  he should recognize that the reason he needs to add all these
> > acronyms is because his posts are an inappropriate use of this mailing list
> > and not productive, and stop posting.

> You're not new to such impolite replies, and I don't think your
> reputation benefits from them.

I think it has no negative impact on my reputation with anyone whose
opinion I value.

Which most explicitly does not include you.

You use this mailing list as your own personal soap box for advancing
positions that have been *rejected* by Debian.  That is not acceptable.
The purpose of this list is to help Debian developers and upstreams
understand Debian's policy for the main archive, and as a forum for Debian
as a whole to work on refining that policy.  You don't appear to contribute
anything to Debian except the crap you spew on this mailing list.  You are
therefore *not* part of Debian.  "IANADD" disclaimers do *not* excuse you
abusing this list in order to shove your opinions down others' throats, when
you know damn well that the project does not agree with you.

So shut up already.

> Anyway, if disagreeing with FTP masters and expressing one's own
> opinion (while *explicitly* clarifying that what is expressed is just
> one's own opinion, and not necessarily the official Debian position) is
> an "inappropriate use of this mailing list", then I suggest that the
> list is shut down as soon as possible and that debian-legal@l.d.o is
> turned into a forwarder to ftpmaster@d.o ...

I would be much happier with having debian-legal shut down than with
continuing a status quo that permits opinionated hangers-on like you to
repeatedly twist the discussion to suit your personal agenda.