Re: Zimbra and Yahoo Public License

I raised this in the past as we use Zimbra internally. The main objection at that time was "choice of venue", which has been discussed at length.

I continue to hold the view that establishing the legal venue gives clarity to the contractual structure of the agreement in a positive way. Its better to have the contract explicitly define which legal "operating system" it is designed to execute in. Otherwise, the language of the contract may be interpreted in a way radically different than the intent with which it was framed.

My opinion is currently not the popular one. It just makes rational sense in my mind.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO Brainfood.com
ean@brainfood.com - http://www.brainfood.com - 214-720-0700 x 315