Re: issues with the AGPL

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:04:53PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I don't think there are any problems with the AGPL and indeed I might
> well consider using the AGPL for works of my own.  I don't have time

That is not very interesting, because if you are the sole copyright holder, you
do not have to comply with the term of the AGPL and I can see how restricting
what others can do with your code could be an advantage to you.

> now to write a detailed rebuttal to each of Bill's points, I'm afraid.

Would you settle for a non-detailed rebuttal limited to the technical points ?

So far the only rebuttals I have seen involve a free-as-in-beer third-party
VCS hosting service, which does not address my issues (mainly, that it put
obligation on the person which has modified the software long after they
stopped using it and distributing it).

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>