Re: FLTK License

"Giacomo A. Catenazzi" <cate@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> - It seems it to fail the "desert island" test

This is not in itself a problem, but usually suggests it fails DFSG 1,
3, 5, 6 and/or 7 in some combination.

However, the FLTK License only *requests* contribution.  It does not
require it, so I think it doesn't fail the test anyway.

> - Is it linkable to GPL programs?
>    I don't think so, because extra restrictions.

What extra restrictions?  The exceptions looked like actual
exceptions, assuming that "identify their use of FLTK" is in the
LGPL-2.1... which it appears to be, in section 1.

So I think libfltk2 and libfltk1.1 packages could meet the DFSG.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef