Re: License issue on tiny Javascript fragment

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> 1) The safe way: See what it does, describe someone else not knowing the
> code to write code doing this for you and use that code.

Does that actually work?  The description is a derivative work of the code;
the new code is a derivative work of the description and therefore the old
code.  I know about reverse engineering a BIOS, but that's really just a
defense against direct copying, as far as I know.