Re: Which license am I looking for?

In message <[🔎] 200901191101.08985.skellogg@gmail.com>, Sean Kellogg <skellogg@gmail.com> writes
Stated a tad more fairly to those who have asked Fancesco to add disclaimers... Francesco has a tendency to state opinions a little too "matter-of-factly" for some d-l participents, leading those who disagree to accuse him of the cardinal sin of "giving legal advice," which is illegal in many jurisdictions (certainly the United States) without proper certification. However, I agree with Ben that the disclaimers are ludicrous... not because they are unecessary, but because they are insufficient. You either are, or are not, giving legal advice, and no amount of disclaimers changes that. One cannot say "you should phrase your license X, Y, and Z... but this isn't legal advice". It is, and if someone where to suffer economic harm by following said advice, they would have grounds to bring suit against you for malpractice and praciting without a license.

Are you an American? (I think you are)

Bearing in mind this mailing list is INTERNATIONAL, and Francesco is posting from a .it address (and I'm posting from a .uk address), me certainly and Francesco too I suspect find this attitude somewhat parochial (and ludicrous).

No offence to you, but it really doesn't go down well when Americans try to enforce their standards (ludicrous, sensible or otherwise) on foreign nations and nationals.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk