Re: Yet another list statistics for debian-legal

Andreas Tille <tille@ravel.debian.org> wrote:
>    http://people.debian.org/~tille/liststats/authorstat_legal.pdf
>
> The quite often observed wave-shaped pattern and only a view
> activists left to discuss legal problems.

I don't understand what that is trying to say.

Analysis by number of posts by year highlights people who make
frequent small contributions to the mailing list over many months.
Calling such people "activists" (if that's what the above means) is
inaccurate: I suggest that an activist posting pattern would be
proportional to the total traffic volume because activists send long
emails commenting on everything, whether on-topic or not (a mistake I
made when I first subscribed to participate in the FDL discussions).

I suspect analysis by month and by volume would be more illuminating. I
took a look at the code, but there's not much explanation.  Is it
possible to add volumes in an easy way?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)