Re: gnome-mastermind trademark question

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> wrote:
> 2008/12/2 Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>:
>
>> Ok, well in that case I'll pass I'm already bothering legal way too often
>> with games related questions.
>
> It would be better to have a name upstream likes, but if the name is
> not legally safe for Fedora, it won't be for Debian either and
> ignoring the problem won't fix it. We definitely have to find a way to
> cope with this situations, my personal position is that either
> upstream changes the name, or we change it unilaterally if the game is
> worth it, or we avoid packaging the game until upstream acknowledges
> the problem and reacts to it.

Hi Miriam, probably you should forward them my last reply too.
As I said I'm open to a name change or a suggestion.
The game it's been in Debian for more than one year now and no one
ever complained.

I could have continued to ignore it but *I* choosed to resume this
issue because I'm a bit worried about it, so, please stop talking
about unilateral changes or things like that.
If you don't think the game it's worth feel free to remove it. But if
it's just a name issue I'm quite open towards a change.
Anyway I think you should really agree against some fixed
(cross-distro) policy about this kind of things because I don't think
it's something up to the opinion of single developers or packagers but
they should be agreed with the community and with respective legal
departments of each distributor.

Regards,

Filippo Argiolas