Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

* Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> [080921 11:20]:
> Maybe making source available from a public hosting service with 100
> mirrors worldwide suffices.  The probability of having *all* the
> mirrors unreachable at the same time is really close to zero (even
> though not zero).

Unless those are mirrors from different organisations, I beg to
disagree. (especially for US cooperations).
Temporary mirror downtimes are not so much a problem.

But we all know that at least for US based public services, all that is
needed to make it vanish from all mirrors is a single DCMA notice. And
to do something against it you will need to acknoledge to be bound by
US law, and even then might not have very good chances.
Especially as soon the service you need will decide that it's to risky
for them to continue and you should search someone else to pay to cover
the risks so that you can continue your service or business...

And I doubt anyone is of the opinion that "you will be able to download
it once this lawsuite is settled" is timeframe that is allowed...

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link