Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

2008/9/11 MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop>:
> "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:

>> So in case this is an unreasonable burden, the GPL *and* AGPL provide
>> other ways to convey source, like CDs.
>
> How would that satisfy section 13?  A CD isn't a network server.

A network server, such as the same one providing the interface, can
say, "check the CD that we gave you", and this sounds to me like
providing access through customary means and through a network server
to the Corresponding Source.

All the other terms for distributing source of the AGPL seem valid for
similar reasons, the network server could tell you to look at the
source you've already received through one of the other means.

I have not been interpreting clause 13 as specifying that the only way
to get you source is through a bitstream coming from the network
server, but if you think this interpretation is incorrect, then I will
agree that the AGPL does place undue burdens.

- Jordi G. H.