Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

davi.leals@gmail.com wrote:
> Arc Riley wrote:
> > I agree, which is why we chose the AGPLv3 for our project.
> >
> > I've gotten the impression, though, that many people on this list are
> > arguing against the AGPL on the basis that they want to retain people's
> > "freedom" to exploit the ASP loophole.
>
> I've gotten that impression too.  Users' freedom matter. Do not forget
> tomorrow you can be a user.

Does that impression come from prejudice?  Several people have
explained repeatedly that this is not about the ASP "loophole" - a
"loophole" which several AGPL advocates suggest still remains open -
but about the increased costs of hosting-using AGPL'd software.

Don't forget hosting-users.  Tomorrow you might be paying for uploads.
--
MJR/slef